Information Furnituroom Collects
Furnituroom collects information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, if you or your other members choose to share it with Furnituroom. We receive information in a few different ways, including when you track, complete or upload activities using the Services. We also collect information about how you use the Services. There are also several opportunities for you to share information about yourself, your friends, and your activities.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website (which includes enrolling in or registering on all our associated platforms) or filling in forms on paper, by corresponding with us by phone or e-mail, by engaging with us on social media, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website or register on any of our associated platforms. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, passport, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and other requested information.
Information we collect about you:
With regard to each of your visits to our website or any of our associated platforms we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website or associated platforms (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use Furnituroom, any other website we operate (including any of our associated platforms) or the other services we provide or attend any of our events. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our website, our associated platforms or from elsewhere. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, third party funders, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How We Use Information
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar data about your devices to help identify and link them.
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms